Design and implement an enterprise-wide technology infrastructure solution that reflects the innovation of the business.
The converged voice, video and data network introduced new functionality which provided additional efficiency, enhanced the company’s customer service capabilities and improved business operations.
A cost-effective and easily-managed infrastructure across the whole company.
Frame was engaged to design, develop and implement the enterprise-wide converged voice and data solution to meet the current and future business needs of the company.
The company recognised that Frame’s experience, expertise and collaborative approach would ensure its business needs were fully met, and that the solution delivered would be cost-effective and innovative.
The solution introduced new functionality to the business such as:
- more effective operations management which provides additional efficiency and enhances the company’s customer service capabilities
- centralised and increased management of the ICT infrastructure
- improvements in business operations through the presence management features.
The assignment was conducted over 4 months and delivered the new infrastructure in stages, on time and within the estimated project budget. Frame was retained to provide ongoing support for the solution.
- standardised voice and data network components to allow simplified, fast deployment in the company’s dynamic, rapidly growing business environment
- security features, including perimeter security infrastructure and network-based authentication of end users and devices
- integration with Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange to deliver advanced IP telephony features and a single directory of user credentials.
The technologies included:
- blade servers
- network attached storage
- presence management
- LAN equipment, IP telephony, unified communications and security products
- network management
- data centre infrastructure, including UPS systems.
Frame worked closely with the client to ensure adequate project visibility at all times. This included formal documentation of the project, the system requirements and the technical solution that addressed the requirements, with regular reporting of project scope, approach and schedule.