Address the shortcomings of a poorly designed and implemented video-conferencing system, making best use of existing infrastructure.
Quickly redesign the solution, addressing all issues left by the system integrator, with call flow and search rules which better suit the client’s requirements.
A secure environment for protecting users of the video-conferencing system, measures to prevent the possibility of toll fraud and improved remote services, resulting in considerably increased customer satisfaction.
Although a video-conferencing solution was in place, it had been poorly designed and implemented by a previous systems integrator. Top of the list of issues: external calls would often fail.
Other aspects of the implementation were left unfinished, such as security for the external IP and ISDN gateways, resulting in failing call flows, possible security concerns, and an inability to use the solution as expected.
Frame had been selected to redesign and implement voice-over-IP (VoIP) for the client, giving the ICT team confidence in our solution design and deployment capabilities, which resulted in Frame being engaged to redesign and support the video-conferencing solution.
The brief was to address the system’s shortcomings, making best use of existing infrastructure, as well as enable external communications with other departments and agencies.
Call flow and search rules were a focus of the redesign so that they better suited the client’s requirements. This resulted in improved protection for the solution based on the necessary security requirements, making use of the internal VoIP systems and external network connectivity.
By configuring and enabling the security call policies on the infrastructure, Frame was able to provide a secure environment for protecting users of the system such as witnesses, consultants and other professionals connected to the inquiry.
What’s more, Frame was able to prevent the possibility of video communications being hijacked for toll fraud, which is common in solutions using ISDN and IP together.
Providing remote services to the ICT team, Frame assisted them to administer the video solution for troubleshooting and management purposes, resulting in considerably increased customer satisfaction.
- configuring the IP and ISDN gateways to allow authorised calls in and out of the inquiry, without sacrificing security
- configuring the internal video control system and endpoints to work with each other, seamlessly
- registering external endpoints to establish hearing rooms in remote locations across the country, as well as in other departments and agencies across the world
- implementing the security requirements for external access via IP and ISDN gateways
- configuring the internal call flow to the ISDN gateway to ensure the necessary security for authorised calls, and restricted the capability for toll fraud and other issues
- providing remote support for users and administrators in case of urgent issues or ad hoc reconfiguration requirements.