Design and implement a dealing room to meet projected growth, and refresh the supporting ICT systems.
A converged IP network, IP-based dealing voice system, IP-based voice recording system, and commercial grade audio-visual environment with video-conferencing.
Completed on time and under budget, Frame also redesigned electrical distribution to greatly improve the power resiliency for the dealing desks and the dealing room data centre.
The replacement dealing room proposed was required to meet anticipated changes and growth within the bank’s market services business and to permit end-of-life ICT systems to be refreshed.
Based on extensive experience with large dealing room design, construction and commissioning, Frame was selected to assist with the design and implementation of the 200-desk Sydney dealing room.
The successful outcomes for the client’s new Sydney dealing room included:
- completion on time and under budget
- implementation of an upgraded, converged IP network; IP-based dealing voice system and associated IP network infrastructure; and IP-based voice recording system
- implementation of a commercial-grade audio-visual environment with video-conferencing
- redesign of the electrical distribution to greatly improve the power resiliency for the dealing desks and the dealing room data centre
- transition from the old room to the new room over a single weekend.
The project management undertaken by Frame included:
- coordinating all ICT aspects of the project with the fit-out project architect, builder, and other suppliers and contractors including Telstra and the dealer telephony system provider
- liaising with and coordinating the client and third party stakeholders
- managing the project plan, schedules, risks and communication plans
- managing the transition and relocation to the new facility.
The specialist ICT works undertaken by Frame included:
- developing the criteria for the new IP dealing room telephony system, selecting the solution, designing and installing the solution, and integrating it with the existing administration PABX
- developing the integrated dealing desk, PC and cabling design
- upgrading the IP network infrastructure
- implementing an IP-based environmental monitoring system
- developing the audio-visual equipment brief, selecting the product and integrator, and managing implementation of the audio-visual system
- consulting on the communications cabling design (voice and data)
- reconfiguring the existing equipment to accommodate the new equipment and data cabling.