Every organisation, regardless of sector and size, has cybersecurity risk.
One of the defining characteristics of a targeted cyberattack is that it can penetrate virtually all of an organisation’s perimeter defences, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
The objective of information security is business process assurance. So Frame can help you to better protect your information assets with a security assurance strategy that’s aligned to your business objectives.
What you can expect
A security assurance strategy that protects your information assets from cybersecurity risk, and is aligned to your business objectives for maximum effectiveness.
A security assurance strategy that supports your business objectives
Did you know that the vast majority of cyberbreaches are discovered by third parties rather than the organisations themselves?
A well-formulated security assurance strategy helps you to, as much as is possible, avoid this situation, which may be costly in terms of reputation as well as remediation.
Moreover, the right strategy ensures that business and technology executives are empowered with the information they need to make informed decisions.
To help protect your organisation’s information assets, Frame develops a security assurance strategy which addresses:
- the skills, experience and training of your key personnel, at the business, technical and management levels, to make sure they understand the cybersecurity risks and the potential business damage of their decisions
- the process and frequency of reporting by your cybersecurity experts, so that your senior management team is kept informed about the impact of cybersecurity risks to your business
- the level of compliance with legal, regulatory and industry cybersecurity standards and practices for protecting sensitive information, ICT systems and digital services, with the view to developing and implementing information security policy and guidelines.
Frame has a thorough understanding of the requirements for information security, having completed works for defence, federal and state governments, as well as commercial organisations which have rigorous information security requirements, such as airports and financial institutions.
And we’re well aware of the types and levels of detail required for reporting within an organisation to foster effective governance and management of ICT and digital services.
A risk management-based approach to developing security assurance strategy
Using our ISO 31000-based risk management methodology, we assess which of your business functions and services are vulnerable to cyberthreats.
Then, identifying the information required by each of those business functions and services, we evaluate whether you’re adequately protecting that information.
We use systems theory to evaluate and understand the complex network of technologies, people, processes, relationships and events that interact in often unseen and unexpected ways.
And we recommend the courses of action to treat vulnerabilities, as well as advising whether more detailed information security risk and threat assessment is required.
A roadmap for your security assurance implementation program
To assist you implement the strategy, we deliver a roadmap which can be used as the basis for your implementation program.
The roadmap outlines the tasks, deliverables and timeframes for:
- developing or revising your information security policy
- periodically assessing vulnerability
- designing and implementing a secure architecture
- classifying and labelling information assets, and identifying their value
- developing procedures for awareness, use, distribution, storage and disposal of information
- detecting and reporting intrusions and misuse, as well as correcting problems
- training all staff, including managers and executives, in security awareness.
And, we help you put in place measures to evaluate the effectiveness of your cybersecurity program’s implementation as well as your business-as-usual information security management process.
Get the clarity you need for a security assurance strategy that protects your information assets from cybersecurity risk
Speak to one of our consultants to find out how Frame’s advisory services for security assurance can make a difference to your business.